| Apply Online | Accounting Clerk | Cook Supervisor |
Blue Ridge School is an all-boys, all-boarding college preparatory school for 185 boys on a stunning 750 acre campus along the eastern slope of the Blue Ridge Mountains. Blue Ridge is only 20 miles from Charlottesville, Virginia, a vibrant community and home to the University of Virginia.
Blue Ridge educators gain the added satisfaction of working with students inside and outside the classroom which gives them a greater influence in shaping a student’s mind and character. Our teachers have the opportunity to lead athletic and outdoor activities based on their own passions.
The school provides an interactive learning environment in which teachers have a great amount of autonomy in their classrooms and still have the support of a collaborative faculty. Using a college-preparatory curriculum with a high-degree of individual support, teachers can better prepare their students for college and careers in the 21st century.
Most teachers live on campus in homes provided by the school. On campus housing helps give our safe, family-oriented community the sense of a small village in which students and families live and work together.
Department: Business Office
Reports to: Accounting Manager
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
The Accounting Clerk is a full-time, twelve-month position which requires a detail oriented individual possessing exceptional organizational skills in order to assist the School’s Accounting Manager in all aspects of the School’s financial record keeping.
- High School diploma required, Associates Degree in Business preferred
- 3+ years working experience or educational equivalent in a business related field
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Ability to learn new software programs
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Ability to meet tight deadlines
- Ability to work independently as well as with a team
- Comfortable doing repetitive tasks with a high degree of accuracy
- Ability to maintain data input accuracy with frequent interruptions
- Familiarity with internal audit controls and possess an understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Protects organization’s value by keeping information confidential
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Receive all incoming invoices and deliver them to the appropriate department head for approval.
- Ensure all invoices are received back to the Business Office and paid on time.
- Responsible for maintaining accurate disbursement records including all communications, detailed receipts and/or packing slips for each invoice.
- Correspond with outside vendors as well as School staff to ensure accurate payments are being made.
- Enter all invoices into the School’s non-profit accounting software, Sage MIP.
- Review accounts payable reports for accuracy.
- Print checks accordingly and mail them to vendors.
- File and maintain all disbursements.
- Issue annual 1099’s.
- Maintain W-9 compliance.
- Maintain Certificates of Insurance file and ensure all Certificates remain up-to-date
- Maintain file of Vendor Contracts
Bi-weekly and Monthly Payroll Processing
- Collect time sheets and payroll data ahead of payroll processing
- Complete/update payroll spreadsheets
- Work with Director of HR to ensure employee pay and deductions are accurate
- Ensure employee benefit invoices are reconciled with payroll reports
- Provide completed payrolls to Director of HR for timely payroll processing
- Track/maintain employee PTO records
Student Enrollment Agreements
- Annually update Student Enrollment Agreements and Payment Addendum spreadsheets
- Receive requests (daily during enrollment season) from Admissions for Enrollment Agreements to be prepared for all students and provided to the Accounting Manager for approval.
- Enter charges and payments into the student account software
- Reconcile RenWeb reports with Sage Accounting reports to ensure Student Account charges are accurate
- Print/mail statements at the beginning of each month
- Assist parents with questions or concerns
- Accurately input monthly journal entries and checking reports prior to posting
- Inputting weekly bank deposits
- Assist Accounting Manager in the School’s annual audit each summer
- Work with Managers to ensure the School’s Fixed Asset list is maintained and accurate
- Assist approximately 70 staff and 185 students that may require daily/weekly petty cash disbursements
- Maintain and reconcile petty cash on a daily basis
- Accurately record weekly petty cash transactions into Sage, accounting software
- Weekly bank runs to replenish petty cash
- Assist parents with payments and understand business office procedures during multiple Student Orientation days each August/September.
- Ensure all outgoing mail is processed and delivered to the post office each day
- Demonstrate continued professional curiosity and growth
- Other Business Office duties as assigned.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
The usual and customary methods of performing the job's functions require the following physical demands: occasional lifting, carrying, pushing, and/or pulling; some climbing and balancing; frequent stooping, kneeling, crouching, and/or crawling; and significant fine finger dexterity. Generally the job requires 80% sitting, 10% walking, and 10% standing. The job is performed under minimal temperature variations and under conditions with some exposure to risk of injury and/or illness.
SAGE Dining Services® is seeking a full time cook supervisor at Blue Ridge School in St. George, Virginia, just 25 minutes northwest of Charlottesville.
This position is responsible for:
- Prepping and preparing meals for up to 250 high school-age boys and faculty members.
- Preparing meals from scratch
- Working clean and fast
- Understanding food safety
- Filing proper production records and temp logs
- Maintaining a clean kitchen
What you need:
- Prior cooking experience, scratch cooking preferred
- Reliable transportation
Shift's include 11am-7:30pm, and 9am-7:30pm on weekends.
Must be available nights and weekends to be considered, however we would rarely ask to work past 7:30pm.
$12-15 per hour
At SAGE, we are known for creating exceptional dining experiences. We write innovative recipes that reflect diverse regional and international cuisines; we use the freshest, highest-quality ingredients on the market; and we cook from scratch in small batches.
Make a positive impact on students at some of the top independent schools and colleges in the country. Enjoy a small, community-focused environment and an authentic work-life balance. Cultivate your culinary skills with a value-based company that prefers to promote from within.
Submit your resume today, and realize your potential with SAGE. Apply here
Contact info: Jonathan Ballato
- Pre-employment background check and drug screen required.
- Full-time positions offer benefits.
- Shoes, uniforms and shift meals provided.
- SAGE offers many opportunities for career advancement