| Apply Online |
Blue Ridge School is an all-boys, all-boarding college preparatory school for 185 boys on a stunning 750 acre campus along the eastern slope of the Blue Ridge Mountains. Blue Ridge is only 20 miles from Charlottesville, Virginia, a vibrant community and home to the University of Virginia.
Blue Ridge educators gain the added satisfaction of working with students inside and outside the classroom which gives them a greater influence in shaping a student’s mind and character. Our teachers have the opportunity to lead athletic and outdoor activities based on their own passions.
The school provides an interactive learning environment in which teachers have a great amount of autonomy in their classrooms and still have the support of a collaborative faculty. Using a college-preparatory curriculum with a high-degree of individual support, teachers can better prepare their students for college and careers in the 21st century.
Most teachers live on campus in homes provided by the school. On campus housing helps give our safe, family-oriented community the sense of a small village in which students and families live and work together.
Job Title: Admissions Office Manager
Reports to: Senior Director of Admissions
The Admission Office Manager is a versatile and visible member of the BRS External Affairs team who plays several important roles:
- Coordinates the admission records system to include establishment of approximately 70 new students each year, filing, storage, and use of the database and CRM systems.
- Is the primary initial responder to admission inquiries via telephone, email, and mail; manages and publishes the daily admission calendar.
- Coordinates with Admission Directors to plan campus visits for prospects and guests.
- Assists the Admission Directors in planning and executing new student enrollment and registration.
- Welcomes visitors to Battle House, often serving as the first personal contact for admission candidates, their families and a wide range of VIPs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
The usual and customary methods of performing the job's functions require the following physical demands: occasional lifting, carrying, pushing, and/or pulling; some climbing and balancing; frequent stooping, kneeling, crouching, and/or crawling; and significant fine finger dexterity. Generally the job requires long periods of sitting, with minimal walking and/or standing. The job is performed under minimal temperature variations and under conditions with some exposure to risk of injury and/or illness.