Requirements for a Blue Ridge School Diploma are as follows:
• English – 4 credits, including American Literature and Composition, taken at BRS
• Social Studies – 3 credits, including 2 credits in US History and Government and 1 credit in a non-American History
• Mathematics – 3 credits, Algebra I and II, Geometry (required)
• Foreign Language – 3 credits in the same language
• Science – 3 credits, including Biology and Chemistry
• Physical Education – 2 credits
• Life Skills – 1 credit – may include Health, Fine Arts, Outdoor or SAT electives
• Electives – 2 credits
In my years at Blue Ridge, I watched Mr. Cory Woods change boys by showing them that they could in fact jump farther or climb higher. It was incredible to see boys who had never been exposed to the outdoors jumping off rock ledges into swimming holes or taking a tough mountain bike trail and then excitedly telling their friends what they had accomplished.
Both he and Mrs. Carrie Woods are a huge part of the reason I am a student at UC, Boulder!
- Max Koneff ’14