Requirements for a Blue Ridge School Diploma are as follows:
• English – 4 credits, including American Literature and Composition, taken at BRS
• Social Studies – 3 credits, including 2 credits in US History and Government and 1 credit in a non-American History
• Mathematics – 3 credits, Algebra I and II, Geometry (required)
• Foreign Language – 3 credits in the same language
• Science – 3 credits, including Biology and Chemistry
• Physical Education – 2 credits
• Life Skills – 1 credit – may include Health, Fine Arts, Outdoor or SAT electives
• Electives – 2 credits
The Groves Family Legacy Tuition Program honors Robert W. “Bobby” Groves III ’67 and his family. Bobby and his wife Anne were the first alumni parents to enroll a child at BRS. Their son Billy graduated in 1995 and their nephews Johnson and Robert Stevens were equally successful here, graduating in 2003 and 2006, respectively.
Blue Ridge is incredibly proud of this legacy and for the sterling example that Bobby and his family have set.